|- This article is currently unfinished!|
The Survey and Perambulation of Adjacent Celestial Environments (S.P.A.C.E.) megakrewe is Tyria's first aerospace research agency, responsible for developments in civilian transportation safety, advances in flight and rocketry, deep space observation, and data storage. It was founded by Starmapper Yukii and Novachaser Sakki in 1328 A.E. under the Foreign Soil Research Act with a staff of four members. Currently, it maintains over 120 salaried researchers and 10 contractors working at any one time.
Facilities[edit | edit source]
S.P.A.C.E. maintains three major campuses:
- Grunnur, otherwise known as Foundation, is the main facility located near the coast of Kryta. Vehicle fabrication is conducted here, as well as most terrestrial-based research. The krewe maintains a freight-scale gate hub, hospital, and dormitories on this campus.
- Astrallite currently hosts vehicle storage and provides a launch platform on the island of Istan. It also carries a large port on the west side of the island.
- Mioja, the newest campus, is still under construction in Cantha's Seitung Province. It will boast two launchpads, additional vehicle storage, advanced mission monitoring capabilities, and enable a far more efficient launch profile.
Structure[edit | edit source]
As a megakrewe, S.P.A.C.E. is organized into three distinct divisions. These divisions are each led by the division head, and smaller teams in the krewe can be assigned to any division. Starmapper Yukii is the current krewe chief.
Manned Division[edit | edit source]
Division Head: Skydriver Kriisa
Unmanned Division[edit | edit source]
Division Head: Novachaser Sakki
Auxiliary Division[edit | edit source]
Division Head: Xenobiologist Eviia
Major Projects[edit | edit source]
S.P.A.C.E. has completed several projects in both the civilian and scientific sectors, and have announced several more as currently in progress.
Published Discoveries[edit | edit source]
- Deep-field Astronomy Via Low-Frequency Fluctuations in the Etherelectromagnetic Field (Radio Astronomy)
- Large-aperture Reflection Telescopy (Reflecting Telescopes)
- The Riika Digital Compression Algorithm
- Lossless, Wireless Transmission of Arbitrary Data
- Complete Visual Atlas of the Ljosian Planetary System
Announced Projects (In Progress)[edit | edit source]
- Local Image Mirroring and Projection
- K-K-A-C Encryption for Wireless Data Transmission
- Multiple-Terminal Connection Protocol
- Deep Field Survey Project
- Grunnur Refurbishing
Consumer Products[edit | edit source]
Several vehicle designs that are either already in or are planned to be in full production have emerged from the krewe's development team. The Synergetics 'Skimmer' model Wubray and Synergetics 'Skyscale' model Dwagon are the most recent entries into the market, and sales of these vehicles provide a large portion of the krewe's funding. Additionally, the RDCA is included in all datapad software distributions.